About Coach Linda
Hi! My name is Linda and I’m a Registered Nurse, two-time Boston Marathoner, mother of three and I’d love to be your personal running coach.
Running has been my passion for over 25 years. There is nothing that compares to the feeling of your pace quickening, adrenalin pumping and the sense of accomplishment when you reach your goal. I know what it takes to get you there safely and effectively.
In addition to my nursing degree, I have a Bachelor of Physical Education from Acadia University and spent many years working in the fitness industry.
I’ve been a competitive road racer since the early 1990’s and hold the following titles:
- 2-time NS Team Timex Member representing NS at 10km Nationals
- 1st place at Ottawa Fall Colors Marathon 2007
- 2 Boston Marathons
- Personal Best of 3:00:15 in the marathon at Valley Harvest Marathon which also achieved a new Course Record in 2009
- Muskoka Half Ironman Finisher 2013
- Personal Best of 1:27 in the Half Marathon, 2015
- Age group winner of the Provincial RNS Road Racing Performance series 2015
I am married with three grown children. I loved being a hockey mom when my boys played competitive hockey in high school. These days, I’m cheering on my daughter who runs Cross Country and Track at the university level. When I’m not working or trying to get my family to eat more kale and chickpeas, you’ll find me training with the Halifax Road Hammers Performance Running Club in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
I would be thrilled to help guide you along your journey to running your Personal Best